Paying Rent

You can pay your rent via direct debit or directly into our bank account, Simple efficient and user friendly steps allow the convenience of paying your rent at any time without interruption to your busy lifestyle. For security reasons, we do not accept rental payment in cash.


Frequency of rental payments

All rental payments are to be paid in advance. Please also be aware it is your responsibility to pay rent on time at all times. If rent falls into rental arrears at all, you will be notified from our office, and be served with a Notice of Termination in writing.


Routine Inspections

You will always be advised by mail, email or phone of a routine inspection.

The first inspection will be carried our approximately three (3) months after you move in. If you are unable to attend, we shall use the master keys. Please leave information of any maintenance required on the kitchen bench. Thank you in advance for your co-operation.


Requests for improvements

It is important to both the property investor and the agent that you are happy. Having said that, it is not always possible for an investor to afford “every” request made by a tenant. The property investor quite reasonably may say no and that the home did not have some requested features when it was originally rented. In most cases the investor tries to be reasonable and often negotiation and compromise achieve an acceptable solution for both parties.


Help ! I Am locked out !

We have all done this from time to time. If it happens during business hours, we usually have duplicate keys at our office. However, if it happens after hours, you are in the same situation as everyone else. You will have to call a locksmith. You will have to pay the locksmith direct for the costs.


Changing locks

If this is a brand new property, most doors are keyed alike. Locks can only be changed with the permission of the Property Manager.

If you urgently changed or added a new lock, please ensure that a copy of the new key is delivered to our office.



Smoking is not permitted inside the property, under any circumstances. Not only could it lead to a potential fire hazard and or carpet burn, yet it may also damage paint or the interior walls and ceilings, as well as furnishings like carpet and blinds. You may have to replace them.



Subletting is prohibited. Only those names on the lease may reside at the property, unless written permission by the property investor is granted.


I have no power !

If you find you have no power in the property

1. First thing to do is check neighbouring houses, if neighbours are experiencing the same problems then power should be restored to your suburb in due course.

2. Check for a faulty appliance – If your saftey switch is constantly tripping, this may be an appliance such as a toaster or kettle, we suggest you turn off and unplug all appliances, then one by one re connect them, if your kettle for example is faulty then you will need to replace that appliance. If this problem still continues please contact our office, our office will then organise an electrician to attend to the property, however if it is found to be one of your appliances you will be charged the electricians invoice.


I don’t have water !

If you have no water, the most likely cause is Sydney Water doing repairs in your suburb. They may be carrying our repairs or maintenance to a broken or damaged water main, which requires the shutdown of the water main serving your property. During these times, we, as your property manager, are not notified. Please call Sydney Water on 132090 (24 hours a day, 7 days per week) to find out what the problem is and when you can expect water supply to return.



A very important part of the role in property management is ongoing repairs and maintenance. To avoid any misunderstanding it is important that we explain to you the way the maintenance procedure works. Maintenance falls comfortably into two main areas.

1. General Repairs and maintenance

2. Emergency Repairs


General Repairs and Maintenance

Your co-operation would be appreciated in reporting any repairs or other necessary maintenance, which may require attention. By informing the agent promptly we are able to help you. Our tradespeople will always contact you directly to arrange a convenient day and time. Please do not arrange maintenance yourself.

General repairs and maintenance make up 95% of all work carried out by our tradespeople. These are the normal wear and tear, day to day things that happen in any household such as dripping taps, sticking doors and the like.

To request a repair, we do like all repairs and maintenance in writing via email or hand written.


Emergency Repairs 

Fortunately, these are rare but they are easily identifiable. These are things that have the potential to be life threatening or to cause major damage to the home and property such as major flooding, overflowing hot water systems, storm damage and danger from electricity. In an emergency situation please call our office on 02 4651 2555. You will still need to follow this up with the request in writing to our office.


Hot water systems

If your property has an electric or gas storage hot water system and the system leaks, there is an inlet tap attached to the hot water system which will turn off the water supply.


Tap Washers and leaking pipes

The same as above applies if a washer on any hot tap goes, causing it to continually run. The tap connected to the hot water system can be turned off to avoid further wastage. In respect of cold water, in most cases there is a control tap within the premises, which can turn off all water to the property until repaired.


Where is the tradesperson?

The agent will have preferred tradespeople that have been selected carefully and fully understand the agents code of practice. Tradespeople are instructed to ring you and to keep you informed of the work to be done. Each tradesperson is self employed and usually busy. They will always do their best to get your approved maintenance done as quickly and conveniently as possible. They will appreciate your understanding and co-operation. Please make sure that the property manager has all of your contact numbers so that they tradesperson can get in touch with you to organise a convenient time for the maintenance.


Smoke Alarms

Under the Residential Tenancies Act:-

1. Landlords are responsible for the installation of smoke alarms in a rented premises

2. Landlords have the right to access the rented premsies to fit or maintain smoke alarms after giving the tenants at least 2 working days notice

3. Neither the landlord not the tenants, are except with reasonable excuse, permitted to remove or interfere with the operation of smoke alarms fitted in the rental premises.

4. When a smoke alarm is of the type that has a replacement battery, it is recommended that the landlord put a new battery in at the commencment of tenancy.

5. After the tenancy begins, the tenant is responsible for replacing the battery is needed.

6. The condition report includes specific reference to smoke alarms so that the tenants and landlords are able to note and comment on the presence of smoke alarms at the beginning and end of the tenancy.


Mould prevention and treatment

Mould can cause a state of disrepair at rented premises. This can be a result of a breach of the Residential Tenancies Agreement by the tenant (ie: if the tenant fails to ventilate the premises) 

Mould should be removed as soon as it appears. Completely eliminating mould and its causes can take some persitance.

The cheapest and easiest way to reduce the risk of mould is to reduce moisture and humidity levels. Ventilate a room by opening a window or door. Creating a cross breeze through the property will reduce moisture levels to be affected.


Blinds and Curtains

Do not leave cords for blinds or curtains hanging. Use safety devices to keep the cords out of reach of children.

All furniture, including cots and beds, should be moved away from the curtain or blind cords, making sure that children cannot reach them.